Who is it for?
This course is for those who want to progress from being a qualified scaffolder to an Advanced scaffolder. The course is designed to give you knowledge, skills and understanding of erecting, altering and dismantling complex scaffold structures.
You must have a minimum of 12 months practical experience of scaffolding operations since attaining your CISRS Scaffolder card.
What will you learn?
The advanced scaffold course is designed to train participants to CISRS standards in the safe erection, alteration and dismantling of complex scaffold structures.
By the end of the course delegates should be able to:
- Interpret scaffold drawings
- Erect, alter, dismantle the following complex scaffolds safely and in their correct sequence (see ‘Content’ below)
- Understand the procedures for producing, interpreting and using risk assessments and method statements
- Erect complex scaffold structures in accordance with current regulations including TG20:13, TG:11 and SG4:15
- Have a better understanding of team leadership techniques, how to best deal with other trades and site supervisors/ managers.
NVQ Diploma Level 3
As part of the package, you will be issued with a blank NVQ portfolio on the final day of the Advanced course. You will also receive an NVQ induction from our Assessor.
During the induction, the Assessor will answer any questions and help you to make a start on the job knowledge questions in their portfolio.
You will then be expected to complete the portfolio in your own time.
The Assessor will be available to provide information, advice and guidance via telephone or email.
NB: A charge for any additional Assessor time will be made should the delegate wish to make an appointment to have a portfolio pre-assessment check.
How will I be assessed?
- You must complete a further 6 months on site experience and have achieved the NVQ Level 3 Scaffolding qualification before progressing onto the CISRS Level 3 2-Day Skills Assessment.
Both of which can be completed through Training for Construction.
What do I get for completing?
- You will receive a CISRS Certificate of training upon completion of course and successful completion of test.
- Successful participants who have passed a CSCS Health, Safety and Environment test within the last 2 years and completed the NVQ and Skills Assessment will then be able to apply for their CISRS Advanced Scaffolder card.
What do I need to bring?
You will be required to wear some PPE equipment and bring some tools and equipment. Please check course specification for full details of PPE and Workwear and Tools & Equipment requirements.