Who is it for?
CISRS would expect you to have awareness and experience of scaffolding structures, which would have come from time spent in your individual industry sector e.g. construction, engineering, manufacturing, offshore etc. and site supervisors.
- Delegate holds current CISRS Scaffolder/Advanced Card
- Candidates who do not have any previous knowledge or experience of scaffolding will not be
eligible to attend this course.
- Current CSCS Health, Safety & Environment Touch Screen Test (within last 2 years).
What will you learn?
This course provides you with the knowledge and understanding to carry out the inspection of basic and simple tube and fitting scaffolding structures in accordance with the Work at Height Regulations 2005 and current scaffolding industry best practice.
By the end of the course delegates should be able to:
- Identify and inspect scaffold equipment and components correctly
- State the main requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015, the Work at Height Regulations 2005 and current scaffolding industry best practice
- Identify the requirements for all scaffolds with regards to foundations and ground conditions; scaffold ties and stability; working platforms guardrails and toeboards; methods of access and egress
- Carry out inspections and identify faults on scaffold structures
- Complete and maintain scaffold inspection reports in accordance with the Work at Height Regulations 2005.
How will I be assessed?
All delegates will have to successfully pass the following:
- Theory Test
- Practical scaffold inspection
This is a pass/ fail assessment.
What do I get for completing?
- Once you successfully complete the CISRS Basic Scaffold Inspection course you will be issued with a CISRS certificate of attendance as a record of your training.
- You can then apply for a CISRS Basic Scaffold Inspection card provided you have passed a CSCS Health, Safety and Environment test within the last 2 years.
This will be carried out as part of the course administration and incurs a charge (£26.50 per application to cover the standard CITB card application cost) which is included within the course pricing.
What do I need to bring?
You will be required to wear some PPE equipment. Please check course specification for full details of PPE and Workwear requirements.
N.B. Owing to the mandatory requirements of the course, which includes the inspection of live scaffold structures, the course will be held at our premises in Edmonton, North London only. It is not possible to offer this course at other locations at this time.