Who is it for?
The Skills Assessment is for candidates who have already successfully completed their CISRS Part 1 & 2 courses, completed their NVQ and gained the minimum 6 months scaffold experience since the completion of their Part 2 course.
N.B. The Skills Assessment is a mandatory requirement of the CISRS scheme, regardless of whether or not you have already achieved the NVQ.
Delegates must hold the following certificates and provide evidence:
- CISRS Part 1 Tube & Fitting Scaffolding Certificate.
- CISRS Part 2 Tube & Fitting Scaffolding Certificate (held for a minimum of 6 months).
- Achievement of NVQ Level 2 Access & Rigging Operations Certificate.
- Current CSCS Health, Safety & Environment Touch Screen Test (within last 2 years).
What will you learn?
As this is a mandatory requirement of the CISRS scheme, this element is designed as an assessment rather than an instructional course. You will need to demonstrate and be assessed on the appropriate practical skills and practices you have learned from your CISRS Part 1 & 2 scaffold training courses to the satisfaction of the instructor.
In this1 day practical assessment you will be required to erect 1 scaffold structure in accordance with current regulations, which will allow our assessor to confirm that you are competent to the required level.
How will I be assessed?
You will have to successfully demonstrate the following:
- Completion of load list and handover
- Truss-out or independent with spurs
This is a pass/ fail assessment.
What do I get for completing?
- Once you successfully complete the Level 2 Skills Assessment, you will be issued with a CISRS certificate of attendance as a record of your training.
- If you have passed a CSCS Health, Safety and Environment test within the last 2 years, you will be eligible to apply for your CISRS Scaffolder card.
This will be carried out as part of the course administration and incurs a charge (£26.50 per application to cover the standard CITB card application cost) which is included within the course pricing.
(N.B. You must have successfully completed a level 2 NVQ Diploma in Accessing & Rigging Operations (Construction) prior to obtaining your CISRS Scaffolder card. You will be asked to submit your completed portfolio before being invited to attend an assessment.)
What do I need to bring?
You will be required to wear some PPE equipment and to bring some tools and equipment for the practical elements. Please check course specification for full details of PPE and Workwear and Tools and Equipment requirements.