Who is it for?
The Skills Assessment is for those who have a minimum of 6 months practical work based experience after completing their CISRS Advanced Tube & Fitting Scaffolding course and have successfully achieved their NVQ Level 3 Access & Rigging, prior to attending.
N.B. The Skills Assessment is a mandatory requirement of the CISRS scheme, regardless of whether or not you have already achieved the NVQ.
You must hold the following certificates and provide evidence:
- CISRS Advanced Tube & Fitting Scaffolding Certificate (held for a minimum of 6 months).
- Achievement of NVQ Level 3 Access & Rigging Operations Certificate.
- Current CSCS Health, Safety & Environment Touch Screen Test (within last 2 years).
What will you learn?
As this is a mandatory requirement of the CISRS scheme, this element is designed as an assessment rather than an instructional course. You will need to demonstrate and be assessed on the appropriate practical skills and practices you have learned from your CISRS Advanced Scaffold training course to the satisfaction of the instructor.
On the 2 day practical assessment you will be required to erect 2 scaffolding structures in accordance with current regulations, which allows our assessor to confirm that you are competent to the level required.
How will I be assessed?
You will have to successfully demonstrate the following:
- Erect/dismantle 1 complex scaffold & 1 overhead scaffold (structure type dependent upon number of attendees).
- Completion of load list and handover.
This is a pass/ fail assessment.
What do I get for completing?
- Once you successfully complete the Level 3 Skills Assessment, you will be issued with a CISRS certificate of attendance as a record of your training.
- If you have passed a CSCS Health, Safety and Environment test within the last 2 years, you will be eligible to apply for your CISRS Advanced Scaffolder card.
This will be carried out as part of the course administration and incurs a charge (£26.50 per application to cover the standard CITB card application cost) which is included within the course pricing.
N.B. You must have successfully completed a level 3 NVQ Diploma in Accessing & Rigging Operations (Construction) portfolio and have this certificated prior to attending the asessment.
What do I need to bring?
You will be required to wear some PPE equipment and to bring some tools and equipment for the practical elements. Please check course specification for full details of PPE and Workwear and Tools and Equipment requirements.