Who is it for?
The course is intended for scaffolding operatives* who require scaffolding skills and knowledge in using traditional tube and fitting scaffolding equipment.
*As of 1st September 2015, it will be a scheme requirement that anyone wishing to attend a CISRS Part 1 Scaffolding Training course must have held a valid CISRS Trainee Scaffolder or CISRS Scaffolding Labourer COTS card for a minimum of six months. (Mandatory Requirement).
What will I learn?
On successfully completing the course, you will be able to erect, alter and dismantle scaffold structures safely and in their correct sequence as a member of a team and under supervision.
How will I be assessed?
To successfully complete the course you must pass the following:
- Health & Safety Awareness Theory Test Paper
- Preventing Falls in Scaffolding Industry SG4 Theory Test Paper
- Scaffold Anchorage TG4 Theory Test Paper
- Week 1 Mock Theory Test Paper
- Mobile Aluminium Towers Theory Test Paper
- End of Course Theory Test Paper
- Practical Skills Assessment – Basic Tower Scaffold & Scaffold Inspection.
This is a pass/ fail assessment.
What do I get for completing?
- Upon completion of course and successful completion of test, you will receive a CISRS Certificate of training.
- Once you have successfully passed the course, those who have passed a CSCS Health, Safety and Environment test within the last 2 years will be able to apply for their CISRS Scaffolding Labourer or CISRS Trainee Scaffolder card to be updated to reflect this training element.
This will be carried out as part of the course administration and incurs a charge (£26.50 per application to cover the standard CITB card application cost) which is included within the course pricing.
What do I need to bring?
You will be required to wear some PPE equipment. Please check course specification for full details of PPE and Workwear requirements.